James Baroud Grand Raid XL – Normally $ 6990 NOW $ 5990!! Save $1000
While stocks last – Pick up from Bayswater North VIC
When ready to leave just pull down the upper hull and let the tent withdraw back into the shell. An elasticized seam sown into the tent walls will draw the fabric walls back into the hulls as it folds. Secure the latches to lock the hulls together and you’re on your way again. The mattress and bedding can remain in the tent for transporting, which means in less than 25 seconds your packed and ready to go.. Amazing!
Designed and tested to withstand the most extreme conditions the Grand Raid (XL) is completely waterproof and wind tested to 120km/hr. Support crews in the gruelling Paris to Dakar Rallies use these tents where the climatic extremes and endurance conditions test man and machine to their limits. While you may never experience such searing heat, dust storms or desert winds, it’s good to know your tent can take it.
The Grand Raid (XL) has two doors with two windows, this creates excellent cross ventilation allowing air to freely circulate throughout the tent. The openings are fully screened for insects, have Velcro secured flaps for privacy and small awnings to protect from the rain, while still allowing the windows to stay open. A solar powered fan built into the upper hull will help avoid condensation that may build up in the tent.
Your roof top tent comes with its own mattress and protective cover. The mattress is made of high density foam and is ISO rated for its density, traction resistance and air permeability, which means it provides good support and breathes well. You’ll get a good night’s sleep and your mattress will remain fresh.
There is ample storage inside with a removable storage pocket and a ceiling storage net. The tent also comes with a removable and rechargeable LED torch.
A ladder is supplied and attaches to the hull when required giving easy access to the tent. It features a telescopic design that adjusts to the movement of the vehicle and folds away for storage and transport.
Available as an accessory is a custom luggage bag that attaches to the upper hull with Velcro straps. Zippered at the rear for easy access, internal straps to secure your possessions and 100% waterproof.
Grand Raid (XL) specifications
- Wind resistance of the tent when opened: 120 km/hr
- Reinforced upper and lower hull with stainless steel fittings
- Gas strut easy opening and closing mechanism
- Luggage rack integrated into hull with loading blockers and 6 x anchor points
- Tent can be opened with 20kg loading
- 4 x adjustable safety catches to secure closed
- 2 x built-in aluminium rails to attach the hull onto the roof racks
- 6 x mounting brackets for attaching to roof bars
- Fabric secured to hulls by cable fitted into recessed groove
- 2 x fixing points for the ladder on the hull
- 1 x aluminum ladder (and storage cover), with sliding action to follow vehicle movement
- 1 x removable and rechargeable LED torch
- Ventilation fan
- Capacity 11.6m3/minute
- Automatic and silent operation
- Vent powered by an integrated solar panel, giving 24 hours battery life between charges
- Draws away accumulated heat and avoids condensation build up
- Top quality double stitched, aluminised polyester fabric. (6 x ISO ratings)
- Stitched-in elastic drawstring around the tent retracts the fabric when stowing
- 6 x fabric coatings; reflects the sun rays, anti UV, non perishable, 100% waterproof and breathable
- High density foam mattress with zipped cover. ( 3 x ISO ratings)
- 1 x back door with mosquito netting, zipper and Velcro fastening, integrated window and rain awning
- 2 x side doors with mosquito netting, double sided zipper and Velcro fastening, each with rain awning
- 1 x removable storage pocket
- 1 x ceiling storage net
- Color of hull
- Thermal insulation, gain up to 6 degrees in winter
- Luggage bag designed to fit into hull roof
5 years guarantee on fabric, hull and mechanism
2 years guarantee on gelcoat and accessories and ventilation system
Traceability with serial number